- Can access the game from anywhere by visiting the URL in a newer browser (can also run on mobiles)
- Much less likely for WebGL to be discontinued
- Built-in standard and high performance UI framework (HTML/CSS)
- Very difficult to load external resources (require expensive upload or local storage options)
- Mathematical inaccuracies make multiplayer and game replays much less stable, require error correction
- Overall slower loading and rendering performance
- Impossible to protect the game code from hackers, though security measures can be added to prevent cheating in multiplayer.
After designing enough of the game, I will likely build a native Windows version of the game as well. The current version is quite underwhelming, but can be played below.